We welcome new members at all levels: beginning, intermediate, and advanced, as we believe we all have something to share – no matter what level of artist. Our annual membership dues are $25.
Our society encourages participation, learning, networking, and making great friends in a fun, creative environment.
We host quarterly meetings, demos, workshops, and an annual show for our members. We have started a card making social group, and a monthly artist challenge to further our creative journey. We would invite you to join us!
Requirements for a signature membership: To have received two awards within a five-year period and to keep one’s membership current. A non-signature member may also work toward signature status by receiving one of the following during the annual show: Juror’s Award, Merit Award, Honorable Mention.
- Discounted rates for workshops
- Guest speakers and programs about the making and marketing of art – Our quarterly programs at member meetings include professional artists, gallery owners, arts educators, and others related to the visual arts.
- Art shows – NPWS features an end-of-summer annual show and sale. Members are represented in fine galleries, local businesses, art fairs in and out of our area. And, there are occasional local exhibiting opportunities for non-juried shows.
- All artist levels welcome – beginning, intermediate, and advanced. We believe we all have something to share – no matter what our skill level. We are a community of artists supporting and encouraging each other!
- Become a Signature member – Requirements are to have received two awards within a five-year period and maintaining consecutive, current membership current. A non-signature member may also work toward signature status by receiving one of the following during the annual show: Juror’s Award, Merit Award, Honorable Mention
- Artists of the Month – A friendly virtual exhibit of featured NPWS artists. Let your work be seen (and sold?!)
- Educational opportunities – Workshops, classes and demonstrations by professional artists and art instructors at special rates
- Social events and networking opportunities – We know that being an artist can be a lonely business. NPWS provides social events such as monthly card making events that also stretch your creative brain — for artful FUN!
- Members-only Facebook – page to share your painting and for society members’ helpful critique. The Facebook page also issues fun, educational art challenges in which you can participate !
- NPWS Newsletter – detailing artful news within the society and around the area.
- Quarterly meetings
- Community outreach – supports and encourages watercolor skill development with area youth.
- Community of artists supporting and encouraging each other